The next Nebraska Book Festival, will be held April 25, 2015, at the University of Nebraska Omaha Weitz Community Engagement Center in Omaha, Nebraska. The festival is free and open to everyone who wishes to meet, hear, and talk with a few of Nebraska's many talented authors who have published new works. All participating authors will answer questions from the audience and be available for book signings. View the program [PDF].
- Participating authors will answer questions from the audience, be available for book signing, and attend the concluding reception.
- Writers will conduct writers workshops.
- The Nebraska Center for the Book will present the Mildred Bennett Award to an individual for significant contributions to fostering literary tradition in Nebraska.
- “NEbooks Project” students and teachers will showcase the digital books they have published and are making available free-of-charge.
- Organizations, publishers, and vendors will be present.
Saturday will include presentations by authors who will read and discuss their work:
- Mark Langan: "Busting Bad Guys: My True Crime Stories of Bookies, Drug Dealers and Ladies of the Night" (MTL838, LLC)
- Marsha Davis: "One Man's Voice" (Foxhill Books)
- Sydney Olson: "The Curse of the Fates" (XLIBRIS)
- John Price: "The Tallgrass Prairie Reader" (University Of Iowa Press)
- Timothy Schaffert: "The Swan Gondola: A Novel" (Riverhead)
- Karen Shoemaker: "The Meaning of Names" (Red Hen Press)
The festival will include workshops with opportunities for writers to discuss their craft and receive feedback from award-winning authors. Presenters are Lucy Adkins, Mary Avidano, Traci Robison, and Laura Wiseman.
Map & parking
The Festival will be held at the University of Nebraska Omaha Weitz Community Engagement Center. All UNO lots are open for parking during the Festival events.
- Nebraska Center for the Book
- Humanities Nebraska
- Nebraska Library Commission
- University of Nebraska Press
- Nebraska eBooks Project